Sunglass Displays - The 5 P's
In a clothing store, apart from a good reputation, what usually draws in customers is the mannequins and display showcases in the front windows. The same concept applies when trying to sell sunglasses. The attractiveness of your sunglass display is what will attract customers. Here are a few simple tips to help you sell sunglasses in your store:
1. Placement – Customers tend to make last minute purchase decisions in the checkout line. It’s a good idea to put a sunglass display at or very near to the check-out counter. Sunglasses take less than a minute to be tried on, customers therefore do not need to get out of the line and might be more inclined to buy a pair of sunglasses they spot and try on in the checkout line, as opposed to while walking around a store.
2. Promotions – Discounts and other such promotions are usually a good way to encourage people to purchase things. Also having celebrity endorsements, if you can afford them, usually is a good strategy. Even if you can’t get a celebrity, a well-known local person, maybe the mayor or someone can be used for endorsements. These endorsements can come in the form of pictures of the person wearing the sunglasses. The pictures can then be place on or next to your sunglass display.
3. Persuasion – It helps if your sales people are trained to market your sunglasses. A good sunglass display is crucial, but a sunglass display doesn’t speak. Spend a little time training your sales people how to convince customers to invest in a pair of your great sunglasses.
4. Proper Visualization – Getting a sunglass display which comes with a mirror is very important. Let the customer see how they look. Even though the sunglasses are nice and your sales assistants are trained, people still like to see for themselves. Have a clean, decent sized mirror on or next to your display.
5. Point of Purchase (POP) Power – some experts say that POP sunglass display for your store is the most important, when trying to increase your sunglasses sales. Either get a countertop sunglass display of a POP floor display. The countertop display works in a smaller store, since it saves space, while a floor display may be larger and holds more sunglasses.
There are numerous factors to consider when choosing a sunglass display rack. Be sure that whatever you choose is suitable for your store, product and budget and remember that in any sort of retail environment is imperative. Think of your display as the bait when attracting and capturing the interest and purchase of customers.
As the premiere sunglass display company since 1996, A. Pepper Designs has provided many innovative solutions for the display design and manufacturing industry. They have developed various forms of sunglass displays and eyewear displays for many major retail companies across the nation. Industry leaders have all entrusted their sunglasses display design and manufacturing to A. Pepper Designs, Inc. Visit apepperdesigns.com today for all of your sunglass display and eyewear display needs.
Nick is the Director of Marketing and SEO project manager at A. Pepper Designs, Inc. a Custom Sunglass and Eyewear Display design & manufacturer. Nick is sharing our industry experience with store owners and retailers to help increase brand recognition and promote high margins in sunglass and accessory eyewear sales.
Nick can be reached at
1323 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219